I am a fact finding warrior, on a frenzy to interview people who work as coaches or mentors! So far, I have spoken with ten lovely people who have provided me with a rich patchwork of interesting information. This has bolstered my courage to continue the journey…Stay strong!! Besides advice about their specific roles, I have picked up a few nuggets of ‘handy hints’ to be a more effective coach.I thought I might share them with you today:
- Be authentically yourself.
- Communication skills are more important than your experience.
- Be non-directive in your approach – the client is the expert.
- Be mindful while coaching.
- Be credible and visible.
- Don’t force your services and skills upon people, trust the universe will provide, if you maintain a positive focus and outlook.
- Volunteer your services and get involved with community projects.
- Concentrate on evidence-based courses.
- Perhaps learn teaching and human resource skills.
- Network within a women’s’ business support group to build confidence and gain valuable business skills.
- Think about the triple bottom line in business.
- Write a blog 🙂
“Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.” (Louisa May Alcott)